Universal Credit can contain a housing element. When you apply for, or already claim Universal Credit, and you have housing costs such as rent or some service charges. What you could receive depends on your age and circumstances. Homeowners may be able to get a loan towards interest payments on a mortgage or other loan taken out for their home. You must tell them on your application, through your journal, or the enquiry line about these costs.

For more information on Universal Credit and to find out if you’re eligible to claim it, visit GOV.UK – Universal Credit.

If you need support contact the East Ayrshire Universal Credit Support Team

Universal Credit helpline
Telephone: 0800 328 5644
Textphone: 0800 328 1344
British Sign Language(BSL) users: Video relay service
Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 328 5644