Social Security Scotland was set up by the Scottish Government to deliver a number of benefits. These benefits will be introduced in stages.
Once all of these benefits have been introduced, we will be delivering benefits for families on low incomes, people who need help paying for a funeral, disabled people, carers, young people entering the workplace and to help people heat their homes.
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and local authorities will also continue to deliver some benefits.
Currently, Social Security Scotland administer ten benefits
- Scottish Child Payment
- Best Start Grant Pregnancy and Baby Payment
- Best Start Grant Early Learning Payment
- Best Start Grant School Age Payment
- Best Start Foods
- Funeral Support Payment
- Young Carer Grant
- Job Start Payment.
- Carer’s Allowance Supplement (paid automatically)
- Child Winter Heating Assistance (paid automatically)
For more information on all these benefits, visit mygov.scot or call 0800 182 2222.