East Ayrshire Works is part of the Economic Development Team within East Ayrshire Council.
We work with unemployed people to take the steps towards sustainable employment or start their own business. We also work with employed people who want to gain new skills that can improve their career opportunities
Looking for work can be difficult, especially if you have been out of work for a while. We provide information, advice, and support to help residents through the journey.
We provide one to one support, taking the time to understand what you need to get back in to work or training. Our support is designed to fit your needs and help you develop the skills and experience you need to stand out in the jobs market.
- a dedicated Work Coach to support you through your journey
- expert advice on CVs, job applications and interview techniques
- help with searching for a job
- finding you work experience and volunteering opportunities
- Access to funding to improve your job prospects e.g. training, qualifications, wage subsidies or employer recruitment incentives
- links to job and training opportunities through our Job Broker
- Modern Apprenticeship (MA) programme offering experience and qualifications whilst you train.
- Employability Fund training is for individuals who would like assistance to progress to more structured learning. The aim of the training is to provided basic employability skills and confidence so our users can progress and achieve employment or other positive development opportunities.
You must live in East Ayrshire.
Some people experience more barriers than others when it comes to employment. We can assist unemployed and employed members of public to take those steps towards sustainable employment. Get in touch and find out how we can help.
In addition our Supported Employment programme is open to individuals who have Autism, Asperger Syndrome, Enduring Mental Health Issues or have a learning disability and are looking for employment.
East Ayrshire Works programme is part funded through the European Social Fund (ESF) as part of the 2014-2022 European Structural and Investment Funds.