If you live in East Ayrshire and have:
- A learning disability
- Acquired brain injury
- A mental Health problem
- Alcohol/Drug addiction
- Are over the age of 65
Then East Ayrshire Advocacy Service can help and support you to make your views known about things that affect your life.
An Advocate is an ordinary person who will give their time to get to know you and when necessary, speak up for you or support you to speak up for yourself so that people and organisations take into account what you have to say.
Your Advocate will, if you wish:
- Act for you when and how you choose
- Find out what you think about things
- Help you find out information
- Accompany you to meetings, medical appointments or reviews
- Stand by you when you have to make choices or decisions about things that affect your life
- Help you to put your views across to other people
- Do things WITH you, not FOR you