Winter Fuel Payment for those born before 25 September 1957, with some exceptions, to help pay for heating bills. Paid annually. You usually get a Winter Fuel Payment automatically if you are eligible and you get the State Pension or another social security benefit (not Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction, Child Benefit or Universal Credit).

If you’re eligible but do not get paid automatically, you will need to make a claim.

For more information on Winter Fuel Payment and to find out if you’re eligible to claim it, visit GOV.UK – Winter Fuel Payment.

Winter Fuel Payment Centre
Telephone: 0800 731 0160
Textphone: 0800 731 0176
Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 731 0160