Working Tax Credit is a benefit for individuals or couples in work, depending on hours and earnings/income level. You should tell them about childcare costs or any award of disability benefits. New claims can only be made by someone already in receipt of another tax credit payment e.g. Child Tax Credit award.

Other people may be able to claim on Universal Credit, when in work, with low income and capital. Seek advice from EA Money, Citizens Advice or the East Ayrshire Universal Credit Support Team.

For more information on Working Tax Credit and to find out if you’re eligible to claim it, visit GOV.UK – Working Tax Credit.

HM Revenue and Customs
Telephone: 0345 300 3900
Textphone: 0345 300 3909